Tuesday 14 August 2012

August Glossybox: International Superstars!

Hi lovelies, today i have my first ever glossybox post. I have actually been receiving glossybox for a while but today I thought i'd write my thoughts about this months box!


If you are unaware of Glossybox, basically its a monthly subscription and you recieve 5 deluxe samples delivered to your doorstep. Each Glossybox has a theme, last months theme was festival themed and this months theme is International Superstars.

This month I actually received 6 samples instead of 5, which was nice. Please note that my box may not be the same as yours as everyone's box may vary slightly and some products may be different. It comes in a baby pink box, inside the box the products are wrapped in black tissue paper card and inside filled with black shredded tissue paper and the box is wrapped in a pink box and sealed with a cute Glossybox sticker. The boxes are great to use for storage!
ALESSANDRO PRO WHITE:
' 'Optically brightening effect nail polish with anti-yellowing formula for radiant white and gleaming nails'' - Germany. 


I am actually really excited to use this as I love painting my nails but I do try and let my nails breathe and pamper my nails once in a while as painting them often, leaves my nails with a yellow tint, because this product has a anti-yellowing formula, I am looking forward to see how I get along with it.

RRP: 7.85 / 10ml



DHC DEEP CLEANSING OIL:''' This revolutionary water-soluble cleanser is better than any other make-up remover you've ever tried'' - Japan

I am looking forward to try this too as it seems like a great product, I shall be looking forward to see how well it takes my make-up off. I find oil-based removers help take my make up off much better..however if you have oily skin this is a product that will most probably not be used.

Full Size: £18.50 / 200ml



ALL FOR EVE - EVE'S BALM:
''Eve's balm is easily absorbed recovery balm to nourish dry chapped skin.''

This is probably one of my favourite items in the box, its a great multi-purpose balm. I've actually already used it on my elbows and i was seriously impressed with how quickly is was absorbed into my skin and around 10 minutes later my elbow felt so nourished and soft. It has a nice herbal scent too.

RRP: £4.95 / 7g


VERA VALENTI:
''
An eyeshadow palette offering a selection of ten different colours with an applicator included'' - Spain.

This is by far my least favourite item, before I opened it I thought I would be impressed. That is until I swatched some of the colours to find how poor the pigmentation was. They are really chalky and it seems like something you can find in a one pound store in Spain. It is a real shame and I'm sure if it was a better quality item, it would be be a nice product, the formula and pigmentation seriously let's this product down.

RRP: £3.85

LIPCOTE:
''The original lipstick sealer and secret of long lasting, feather fade and water resistant lipstick.''

This is also something I was really looking forward to using, its has been raved about quite a lot in the beauty world. I've heard great things about it and I'm looking forward to seeing if this lives up to expectations. I've actually brought this product for a friend before but never tried it myself!

RRP: £3.99 / 7ml


GLOSSYBOX Lipstick - Glossy Pink
''Professional beauty lipstick for soft and glamorous lips with a luminous, long-lasting colour.''

This is a hit and miss product, mine is actually broken from the bullet which is disappointing. It seems like a nice quality lipstick, but i don't really find glossybox branded products 'luxurious'. I defiantly wouldn't pay £9.50 for it but its a nice colour and it is a nice product. It also have great lasting power!

RRP: £9.50 / 4g 

I am happy with this months box besides the eyeshadow palette, I am looking forward to using all of the other products.

Glossybox retails for £10 a month plus £2.95 delivery. You can sign up to Glossybox HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment